Responding to the refugee crisis
It can be hard to know how to pray. Christian Aid have suggested that we:
· Pray for those who have and are fleeing their homes into an uncertain future.
· Pray for those in authority to make wise, cooperative and compassionate decisions.
· Pray for change and a peaceful resolution to the conflict in Syria.
More prayer points can be found on their website.
Tearfund have a Refugee Crisis Fund 2015 which St Matthew’s and All Saints’ will be supporting over the Harvest weekend.
Email or write to Ed Vaizey, our local MP. firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Ed Vaizey MP Office, Vale and Downland Museum, Church Street, Wantage OX12 8BL
Sign a petition to ask the government to respond.
4. Support a grass roots group
5. Provide accommodation
· If you own a property that could be used for a refugee family, please contact Citizens UK
· Home for Good are looking for foster families to take refugee children
· If you can offer a room please contact Refugees Welcome
‘For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ …
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ Matthew 25:35-36,40 (NLT)