sermon notes 18th November
Remembering Jesus's death on the cross through Holy Communion.
1 Corinthians 11
· We are obeying Jesus’ command. Jesus told his followers ‘This is my body which is for you, do this in remembrance of me’. (1 Cor 11: 24)
· We are remembering Christ and all that he has done for us in his life, death and resurrection (v24)
· Our communion services give us a real opportunity to examine ourselves (v28)
· We are making a statement of faith ‘for whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes’ (v26)
· We are participating in the body of Christ, the Church ‘Because there is one loaf, we who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf’ (1 Cor 10:16-17).