part-time administrator for cap debt centre
We are looking for a “behind the scenes superhero” to help our CAP Debt Centre become even more effective in setting people free from the grip of debt and poverty. This role isn’t client facing
and would suit someone with great organisation skills, good computer literacy and an eye for detail.
The post is for 8 hours a week for one year initially with the possibility of extension beyond that.
We are looking for someone who is
- Passionate about helping people and bringing hope to them
- Trustworthy in keeping confidential information
- Able to understand the concept of keeping good boundaries
- Able to demonstrate that they have great organisation skills, good computer literacy and an eye for detail.
- In agreement with CAP’s core values and statement of faith and fully supportive of the work CAP is doing locally
- Willing to pray with other members of the CAP team
- Fully engaged with, and passionate about, their local church
The main function of the role is to provide administrative support for our CAP Debt Centre Manager and Debt Coach(es) so that they can be free to engage more fully with CAP clients.
Tasks may include
- Ensuring all volunteers have undertaken the relevant checks and training
- Processing DBS checks for volunteers
- Managing the client and volunteer databases
- Producing and sending a regular newsletter to partner churches
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of client events
- Organising training events for volunteers
- Producing and sending standard letters to clients
- Sorting and filing records and shredding confidential documents
- Sending birthday cards and/or arranging birthday cakes for clients
The role is intended to be for 8 hours per week – ideally 2 half-days per week but this is flexible.You will normally be expected to work for a minimum of 4 hours each week in the CAP office (location tbc) but the other hours can be worked at home or in the office. Your line manager will be the Debt Centre Manager.
The salary will be the equivalent of £10 per hour which would be paid monthly by bank transfer. For an 8 hour week this would mean a gross salary of £4160 which equates to a full-time gross annual salary of £19,240 based on a 37 hour week). As your salary is below the Pension EarningsThreshold, we will not enrol you in a pension scheme. Annual holiday is 5 weeks (pro-rata) to be agreed in advance with your Line Manager.
You will be expected to undertake some specific online training from CAP HQ in relation to confidentiality and Data Protection.
The probationary period is 3 months, during which the notice period is one week on either side. Upon completion of the probationary period, four weeks’ notice will be required.
Please apply in writing, enclosing a CV to Mrs Rachel Tole (Secretary to the Trustees), to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be Monday 2nd December and we intend to interview candidates during the following week.
If you would like more information about what the role entails please contact Sue Bright (Debt Centre Manager) after Monday 18th November.